Essential Add-Ons for a Sports Touring Motorcycle
If your pride and joy is a Yamaha sports touring bike, you will no doubt be interested in stylish and functional add-ons, and with that in mind, we’ve compiled our must-have list of touring bike accessories that should be on your wish list.
- GPS Navigation Unit – If you’re planning to tour in Australia, or anywhere else for that matter, a state-of-the-art GPS navigation unit has you covered. It sure beats getting lost in the Outback, which is a realistic possibility, and wherever you are, you can set a course for your next destination, and with affordable Yamaha motorcycle finance, you will be able to afford this must-have piece of kit.
- Bluetooth Helmet Communicator – This is a great device that allows you to listen to music, talk with other riders or your pillion, and you can use voice commands for your GPS, which is super-convenient. The inner headphones can be paired with multiple devices, so you and your group can stay in touch while on the road, and you can merge with your smartphone and voice answer a call, although we recommend you pull over first.
- GPS Personal Tracker – If you are planning to spend a few days in the Outback, this device is a must-take, as it will inform the right people if you hit the panic button, which might save your life one day. This does require an annual subscription, but you have a dedicated team that you can contact in the event of an emergency, and sending loved one messages is free once you subscribe.
- Tubeless Tyre Repair Kit – All bikes run on tubeless tyres and it is very easy to run over a nail or screw, and if you are miles from anywhere and you have a flat, you’ll regret not packing a flat repair kit. The kit contains a range of tyre plugs and insertion tubes, along with the tools, and the kit is light and compact and will ensure that you are not grounded by a puncture.
- Portable Tyre Inflator – Yes, they do make handy air compressors to inflate a repaired tyre, with a special air compressor that draws power from your battery, and this device should be paired with the flat repair kit.
- Big Bike Tool Kit – Modern bikes require few tools and a small roll-up kit pouch would contain everything you could possibly need for a roadside repair, and they are available from the online supplier.
Touring is so much nicer when you are prepared, and with Xmas just around the corner, drop family and friends a few hints and who knows?